Attorney Kelleigh Murphy is a true modern-day litigation attorney, focusing on providing comprehensive representation to individuals, small businesses and corporations. She represents clients in matters involving small business and corporate advisement, document and contract review and commercial litigation, employment law, family law and complex asset division, personal injury, general civil litigation, and criminal matters. She has also served as a private mediator in a wide range of cases.
Kelleigh was the first female Chairwoman in the history of the Bedford Town Council, and has honed her leadership and public speaking skills through years of civic and public service engagements. As a small business owner, Kelleigh is acutely aware of the issues facing her corporate and small business clients, and works collaboratively with both businesses and individuals in achieving their goals. A trained mediator, Kelleigh recognizes that sometimes the best solutions lie outside of the courtroom. However, her extensive litigation experience allows her to fiercely advocate for her clients in court.
- New Hampshire, 2004
- U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire, 2004
- Vermont Law School, J.D. Also attended the University of Richmond T.C. Williams School of Law and received the following accolades: Barnett Moot Court Champion. Environmental Law Negotiation 2d Place Finish. Law Review Invitee.
- Boston College. B.A., Political Science (University Honors Program. Fulton Debating Society. Saber Fencer. Studied Music & Linguistics).
Professional Honors and Achievements
- Bedford Town Council, 2013-present (Chairwoman 2016-2018, Vice Chairwoman 2015-2016).
- Bedford Planning Board 2018-present.
- Bedford Zoning Board, 2013-2016.
- Bedford Highway Safety Committee 2013-present.
- Bedford Master Plan Selection and Steering Committees 2018-2019.
- Bedford Facilities Plan Subcommittee, 2017-2018.
- Bedford Citizens Police Academy, 2017 (returned as a witness in 2018).
- Recipient, NH Union Leader’s 40 Outstanding Individuals Under 40 Award.
- NH State Representative, member Children & Family Law subcommittee, 2012-2014.
- Leadership, NH Bar Association’s Young Lawyer’s Committee.
- 8U Softball Coach and All-Star Softball Coach, Bedford Youth Softball Association 2018.
- Volunteer Instructor, Great Artists Series 2017-2019.
- Local Director, Miss America Scholarship Competition, 2010-2016.
- Girl Scouts of America Troop Leader, 2016-2018.
- Boy Scouts of America Volunteer 2018-present.
- Thurgood Marshall American Inn of Court 2007-2010
- Manchester Board of Mayor and Aldermen 2007-2009.
- Manchester School Board 2005-2007.
- Recipient of the Key to the City of Manchester, 2009.
- Law Related Education Program Volunteer.
- 2005 Appointee to the Alternative Dispute Resolution Services Committee of the New Hampshire Bar Association.
Speaker at a number of programs, including the New Hampshire Bar Association, the MIT Alumni Association and others. Topics include social media use in discovery matters and marketing, digital marketing and e-commerce. Kelleigh has spoken on a wide variety of legislative matters, including but not limited to employment and independent contractors versus employees. She has also conducted sexual harassment training seminars.
Publications and Reported Cases
The following represents a sampling of Attorney Murphy’s reported cases and publications:
- Counsel for Lubin & Meyer in Estate of Marcus R. Sicotte v. Lubin & Meyer, in Keller v. State Bar of California, No. 2007-731 (NH 2008).
- Author, A Practice Guide to Divorce Cases in New Hampshire (Chapter 14 – Expert Testimony in Domestic Relations Cases in New Hampshire ), 2009. Supp. 2012.
- Author, Town Council Annual Reports for the Town of Bedford, 2016; 2017.